MH4 News

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

raptorhunter

Posts Posts: 1290
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies: 1322

PostSubject: MH4 News   Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:36 pm

So today a new MH4 Trailer was released and it was the most O_O I've seen. I still think the texture and environment quality is a little bleh and gameplay is a bit too messy for it to be MH in MY standards but looking at the content and action I could say it will be a pretty fair game. You tell me your opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qDZznlD-PL8 .....Video function not working properly grrr

And now we can kill Bhanabaras while climbing lol

Last edited by raptorhunter on Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Mortek

Posts Posts: 378
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies: 408

PostSubject: Re: MH4 News   Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:36 am

Running emotes are freaking weird.

The colours are too bright.

The graphics... *sigh*, I thought 3ds had better specs then the psp?

Liked the monkey monster tho, and the fights seems to be getting more intense (only good thing so far).
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Asiinaia獣
Immortal Elder God of the Forum
Immortal Elder God of the Forum

Posts Posts: 1890
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies: 8095

PostSubject: Re: MH4 News   Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:26 pm

Vita has double the 3ds specs actualy so ...
If japan buys it then it might become a hit, ... I truely doubt they will localise this except if it becomes even easier then monster hunter trii.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Mortek

PostSubject: Re: MH4 News   Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:40 pm

Asiinaia獣 wrote:
Vita has double the 3ds specs actualy so ...
If japan buys it then it might become a hit, ... I truely doubt they will localise this except if it becomes even easier then monster hunter trii.

Was actually comparing the specs from 3ds and the old PSP. MHFU graphics are better than this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

raptorhunter

PostSubject: Re: MH4 News   Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:17 pm

Hell yeah they are, but hopefully it looks like this because it is early in development, and if not then 'CAPCOM I am disappointed in you' I mean the 3DS can do much better, have you seen MH3G!

Well here is a little bit of concept art that were produced recently:

http://www.capcom.co.jp/monsterhunter/4/ (It's at the bottom of the logo)

Also, I don't have the sources atm but it is stated that underwater combat has been removed, which is a shame since it would've added a wider diversity to the monsters here. Also it said that base camp during quests will be moving around "like a caravan", I wonder how that will work. I hope to god they don't place your camp randomly in a Deviljho's lair lol. Also the weird monkey-monster is supposedly call Kecha-Wacha which sorta fits the western type style they are trying to convey with cowboys and stuff. So what are your thoughts on the armour designs that have been revealed, which armours do you think go with which monsters?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Blade-san

Posts Posts: 75
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies: 87

PostSubject: Re: MH4 News   Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:06 am

I agree with Mortek. The colors are too bright, it doesn't seem normal..
Graphics could use a tweaking or two, I mean look at 3G and then look at this.. What the hell Capcom? Hopefully it is as RaptorHunter says, maybe it's still in development, but if this is the final result, well I'll just have to deal with it. All in all, it still looks like it'll be fun with the new mechanics and all and even a few new monsters will keep me interested.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

raptorhunter

PostSubject: Re: MH4 News   Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:36 pm

Well so far the gameplay looks redefined and we have 2 new monsters announced and I have high hopes for more, there should be more at least. And according to this

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201207/09017688.html

One of the villages is called Barubare I believe something like that, and basically you'll be moving through multiple villages as a Caravan with different features in each. The article is in Japanese but if you scroll down you'll see a screenshot of one of the villages if you'd wish. Also here is a link (in English this time) of a basic summary of an earlier famitsu article when the second trailer was released.

http://gematsu.com/2012/07/monster-hunter-4-detailed-in-famitsu

Honestly the game is still looking crappy as hell in quality and graphics and stuff, I could even say its on par with the first MH game on the PS2, if not then worse, I just hope that they fix it because they aren't using up the 3DS' true potential. MH is supposed to be upgrading NOT downgrading as time goes by, and I know that if they fix it to have MH3G graphics at least, it would be an amazing new addition to the MH world, different sure, but impressive nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Barioth99

Posts Posts: 310
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies: 355

PostSubject: Re: MH4 News   Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:11 am

I WANT THAT MONKEY like...THING!!!!!GOOD GRAPHICS OR NOT IT IS STILL BEASTY, THE DID A NICE JOB ON NEW MOVES, OPEN AREAS THAT YOU CAN GO TO WHEN EVER HOW EVER, AND I WANT IT!!!AND IF IT DOESNT COME OUT IN THE USA ILL ORDER IT!!!alright now ill ese the tension you guys are beening picky on how you guys want it to be they think its a great game and all you guys do is talk about the negatives talk about the positives make 'em feel good all though they probably dont know what we're saying and they dont know about this site.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

raptorhunter

PostSubject: Re: MH4 News   Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:00 am

Well yeah but I mean honestly, sure the content is good-looking but they must at least make it look on par with the most recent MH on the same system rather than make it look like a PS2 game. I guess they should at least work on that if they actually want the content to be equal to the quality. Although I do admit that the monkey monster Kecha Wacha looks impressive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

AbsoluteZero

Posts Posts: 259
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies: 312

PostSubject: Re: MH4 News   Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:16 am

Graphics over gameplay derpderp.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

raptorhunter

PostSubject: Re: MH4 News   Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:50 pm

So um, a few days late, I apologize but I found some new concept art/ingame screenshots at MH4, link below:

http://nintendo3dsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Monster-Hunter-4-Scan-41.jpg

http://www.cubed3.com/media/2012/July/monshunt4c.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-nvfNbkxOCV8/T_sbeW-1skI/AAAAAAAAH_k/hR47BMr6M_k/s1600/mh43.jpg

I wonder if the huge spiderweb hints at a spider-monster. And bats in the cave look like a great addition.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Zerda
Founder
Founder

Posts Posts: 513
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies: 5791

PostSubject: Re: MH4 News   Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:49 pm

Well the bright color could be an attept to fake high dynamic range lighting and having a too high bloom threshold or too much bright colors in the textures or rendering pipeline and a lack of post processing due to specs. Probably the latter one.
I cant say Im familiar with the specs but I'd say they are doing it wrong, texture canvas is way underused, they could repeat mapping it seamless over the ground and use projectors/decals for diffrentials and details. Also I wonder how they arent using normal maps.. thats very odd, they have the capacity and it would enchance the game and shading, but by the looks of it they arent even using shaders just plain pixel lit.. a bit disappointing I say. Though they still havnt upgraded Frontier with normal mapping, too much work I guess but when making a new game, its not much extra work. But we'll see, maybe the gameplay compensates what the engine lacks of in visuals. Just a bit disappointing for a next gen handheld to use techniques from years back and not utilizing the modern game development knowledge...
Back to top Go down
View user profile

raptorhunter

PostSubject: Re: MH4 News   Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:11 pm

^Zerda sure knows his stuff Razz I'm lost with that complicated stuff. lol

So yeah more news on whether the west will hear ANYTHING about MH.

http://nintendoeverything.com/96410/monster-hunter-update-may-not-come-at-a-big-event-capcom-asks-for-patience/

Knowing CAPCOM we most likely won't hear anything at all, maybe an update to MH Dynamic Hunting but nothing other other than that maybe. They really have to just come full out and tell us if MHP3rd, MH3G, or MH4 will be released out here for us. A simple yes or no. -_-
Back to top Go down
View user profile

raptorhunter

PostSubject: Re: MH4 News   Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:20 pm

This just in, apparently CAPCOM is teasing us with a picture of a hunter and what seems to be a new weapon. To me it looks like a Double bladed pole with a shield. Mechanics could be like longsword + s'n's. There might be more new weapons since I recall them saying MH4 will have new weaponS, plural, but yeah, looking good though.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

raptorhunter

PostSubject: Re: MH4 News   Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:03 pm

http://www.allgamesbeta.com/2012/09/monster-hunter-4-scans.html

New Famitsu scans showcasing the new weapon which is the one above this post but the catch is, that's not a shield on his arm. It is in fact a bug. A controllable bug that you can use to get buffs from monsters and of course while having that bladed-staff by your side.

Also a little bit of the new Flagship is shown, called Goa Magara, (the shadowy monster in the final scan) Personally, it's design is neither ugly nor amazing, but it is the only monster I can't stare for more than 2 seconds because it looks so weird, but that's just me. We must await gameplay videos to tell, hopefully from TGS this 20th-23rd.

Last edited by raptorhunter on Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

raptorhunter

PostSubject: Re: MH4 News   Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:28 am

New trailer is up guys, it is midnight here and so glad to be up to see this. New spider monster, new Jhen Mohran-Like monster, new weapon has epic jump attacks, CAPCOM has finally impressed me since a long time. The rage mode for Goa Magara the flagship monster looks cool and Rathian looks redefined. The areas look beautiful too, although there is still something off about MH4, I don't know but other than that it is looking great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeYsicadz7M&feature=player_embedded#!

Last edited by raptorhunter on Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Mortek

PostSubject: Re: MH4 News   Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:51 am

To the EU! <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile

raptorhunter

PostSubject: Re: MH4 News   Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:50 am

To the US as well!

At the end of the video you can see the flagship monster emitting some purple gas, supposedly it is a new element called feral wyvern virus. The effects/blight it causes is not announced yet. Also cutscenes now have the hunter in them. Proof here, skip to around 5:10 to see Tigrex's. I gotta say the game is looking superb.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_mTJtX5geE&feature=player_embedded#!

The graphics look much better ingame than in the trailers.. hmm go figure!

EDIT: Just a few minutes ago the MH4 TGS presentation was on live on youtube but its over now. I got some screenshots and it seems Kut- Ku is back, they even had a paper fan with a chibi Kutku so I'm guessing it is official.

http://imgur.com/a/Fkz8a
Back to top Go down
View user profile

BlakCat

Posts Posts: 236
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies: 302

PostSubject: Re: MH4 News   Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:02 am

This game.....I don't even know what to say, except that it's truly epic and that I can't wait. But, MH3U will hold me till then (I hope).
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Öhnström

Posts Posts: 172
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies: 190

PostSubject: Re: MH4 News   Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:51 am

MH4 is gonna be the worst MH yet Razz I think
Back to top Go down
View user profile

MH4 News

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next