Secondary Status:None
Captureable:Yes
Cut Weakness:Head
Impact Weakness:Head
Elemental Weakness:Fire,Thunder
Weakness sign:1 hit puts it in rage, Limps
Habitats:Great Forest, Jungle, and Old Swamp
Related with:Tigrex, Akantor, and Ukanlos
Cutable/Breakable Parts:Tail Spike, Tail-(can only be cut down in rage mode), Left Eye, Both Wing Claws
Shock Trap:Yes
Pitfall Trap:Yes, must be enraged
Flash Bomb:Yes
Sonic Bomb:Yes, when it’s in prowler stance; will put into rage
Paralysis:Yes, 10 Seconds
Poison:Yes, 240 Hp Total
Sleep:Yes
Shiny Drop:Sonic it while in prowler stance

Info:
Nargacuga is the main monster of Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G and is the flagship monster for Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. It looks vaguely similar to the Tigrex, (the flagship monster of Monster Hunter Freedom 2), but fights in a significantly different way.

It has black scales, wings, and fur; red wing webbing, and nightmarish red eyes, giving it the look and style of a predatory black panther. Its dark, feral appearance suggests that it may mainly be a nocturnal hunter. This wyvern has been sighted within the Great Forest at night and daytime, Jungle, and also the Old Swamp. When it's in rage mode its eyes glow bright red and leave a trail of reddish yellow lines when Nargacuga moves. Also, its tail erects large spikes which can be fired and linked up with its attacks for devastating hits. Their vertebrae and tail muscles are extremely flexible, making the tail of Nargacuga also prehensile. Its tail is also its most powerful weapon. The scales at the end of the tail can also be shaken to produce rattling sounds similar to a rattle snake's. Hunters can often hear its tail rattle before it hurls spikes, or slams its tail down.

Like Akantor, they are surprised by the shock of sound (Sonic Bombs, Barrel Bombs, etc.) which will make them enter rage mode as soon as they recover

Tips:
Narga + Felyne Comrade Bombs
Be careful when bringing a felyne with you, as the felyne's bombs will instantly put Narga into rage.

The Narga + Flash Bombs
It's possible that you can deal a lot of damage to Nargacuga if you throw a Flash Bomb and then throw a Sonic Bomb while it's in the 'Prowler Stance'. Indeed, the Sonic Bomb alone works when Nargacuga's in its Prowler Stance. [1]

Narga + Pitfall Traps
Narga can avoid pitfall traps when he's not in rage mode. The Pitfall Trap would activate, but Naruga will not fall in it. However, Rage Mode makes it a different issue. When in Rage mode, Narga is too angry to look at it's surroundings, and would otherwise fall in Pitfall Traps. This Pitfall Trap lasts very long, approximately twice that of a normal pitfall. Therefore, it is a good idea to bring Pitfall traps, if you have trouble with Narga. A combination of Sonic bombs (free hits + setting him to rage) and Pitfall, could make Narga an easier kill than a Kut-ku.

First Time Hunting
When fighting the monster for the first time, try to engage it in the Old Forest. In the Swamp, it appears slightly camouflaged and you may not see some moves coming at you. You may also struggle to see it in the Old Forest, but only at night, whereas in the Swamp Area it is dark almost all the time.

Narga Tail Runs
If you want to get Nargacuga Brainstem (needed for its Helm and some of its weapons) from the Felyne Elder's quest, here is a useful tip. You can get the Brainstem two ways; an 8% chance carving from the tail or you can also get it in a reward. It makes you quick enough to get at the tail, which takes a flinch, then a break of the tail, then 2 more flinches and only then does the tail comes off. Nargacuga's tail only comes off when it is in Rage Mode. If you inflict enough damage for the tail to come off when it is not in Rage Mode, a single stroke on the tail when it is enraged should suffice in cutting the tail.

Note: Nargacuga is weak against Thunder and Fire and strong against Water and Ice. Even when it's not in rage mode, it can still do over 100 damage to you even if you're wearing full (Rare 6) Narga Armor. The Tail Slam in particular is very powerful; it's often a 1-Hit-KO if you're wearing armor of the same rank of the Nargacuga you're facing.

Carves:
Click The Spoiler For The Carves
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile

chirosk

Posts Posts: 62
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies: 70

PostSubject: Re: Nargacuga   Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:23 am

So useful ^_^
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Aboddon

Posts Posts: 108
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies: 126

PostSubject: Re: Nargacuga   Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:27 am

By far one of my favorite monsters!

I cannot wait to see the new 3G version that goes completely invisible like chameleos, should add more of a challenge in fighting it.. not ot mention I wonder what is equipment will look like. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile

x

Posts Posts: 1098
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies: 1044

PostSubject: Re: Nargacuga   Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:26 am

first time i fought this monster i beat him in 15 minutes i took low rank tigrex armor lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Murtazio

Posts Posts: 46
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies: 46

PostSubject: Re: Nargacuga   Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:18 am

Yeah hes not really hard, but his arm is 100% usefull at almost all monsters... gotta love evasion ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile

x

Posts Posts: 1098
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies: 1044

PostSubject: Re: Nargacuga   Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:46 pm

not all monster like fatalis (crimsome)
Back to top Go down
View user profile

BlakCat

Posts Posts: 236
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies: 302

PostSubject: Re: Nargacuga   Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:18 am

Still by far my favorite monster of all time! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile

raptorhunter

Posts Posts: 1290
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies: 1322

PostSubject: Re: Nargacuga   Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:00 am

Lol, I can tell by your avatar. Yeah, Nargacuga is an interesting monster with a dark yet impressive design and stealth of a ninja with great agility in its attacks. Definitely one great monster.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Kusanagi

Posts Posts: 274
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies: 318

PostSubject: Re: Nargacuga   Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:17 pm

So much science.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

dreadlord

Posts Posts: 92
Rathalos Rubies Rathalos Rubies: 98

PostSubject: Re: Nargacuga   Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:59 pm

yeah the nargacuga is my favorite monster his color,his nightmarish eyes in the dark,his armor and the best his song.he always be my favorite monster and i cannot wait to see the new nargacuga.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Nargacuga

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Hunters Forum :: Monster Hunter :: Monster Section-